Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Visit to Baked and Wired

After Tony and I visited the nationally televised Georgetown Cupcakes, we just had to try out their competitors Baked and Wired! So I drug Tony out yet again (I do not attempt to drive the maze of roads in DC) to find this cute little cupcake/coffee shop on a dead end street. We were very happy to see that there was no line extending out the door as with Georgetown Cupcakes. They were extremely busy but not overwhelmed.   This place was exactly how I envisioned a little bakery/cafe and the cupcakes were jumbo sized with unique cupcake papers.  We ordered 4 cupcakes:
.
1.  Chocolate Peanut Butter - A very moist cupcake with the perfect amount of peanut butter frosting, we  gave this cupcake a 5 out of 5. 

2.  Lemon Blueberry - I don't remember ordering this cupcake, but I am not that upset because it actually was quite tasty.  This cupcake had a ton of blueberries in it, but did not have a big blueberry taste. The frosting had a wow of a lemon taste. We gave this cupcake a 4.5 out of 5. 

3.  Carrot Cake - Again, another great tasting moist cupcake with bits of carrots and walnuts.  The frosting was not overpowering or too sweet.  We gave this cupcake a 5 out of 5.

4.  Red Velvet -  I am not sure if this was an old cupcake or what but the cupcake was very dry compared to all the others and it really did not have much of a flavor to it.   The frosting was a very tasty cream cheese frosting with just the right amount.  We gave this cupcake a 3 out of 5.

My ONLY complaint was that all the cupcakes were lined up at waist level and the labels were very hard to read making it very hard to stand back and ponder which cupcakes you would like to indulge in.

All in all...We believe Baked and Wired cupcakes HANDS DOWN beat Georgetown Cupcakes cupcakes.

I would seriously like to see a showdown between Georgetown Cupcakes and Baked and Wired!

No comments:

Post a Comment