Friday, August 6, 2010
My Visit to Georgetown Cupcakes
2. Peanut Butter Swirl - Same chocolate cupcake but with a peanut butter ... Heaven!
The 3 remaining we really didn't like at all...infact...all we needed was a bite out of each one and then we trashed them. We did take into consideration that it was the end of the night and that the cupcakes were most likely baked over 12 hours ago.
3. Cherry Cheesecake - Cheese cake part was very good but the rock hard graham cracker crumbs on the bottom could have chipped a tooth.
4. Red Velvet - Being a newby cupcake connoisseur ...I am not sure what a really good red velvet cupcake is suppose to taste like but I don't think this is it. The color was very red though.
5. Key Lime - It pretty much tasted like the recipe was not followed correctly. The frosting was nice and fluffy with a hint of key lime taste but too sweet for our tastes.
6. Coconut - Same cupcake as the key lime but with a funny coconut aftertaste in the frosting and so much coconut on top of the frosting to make even a coconut fanatic say "no thanks".
Even though my review of Georgetown Cupcakes was not as good as I anticipated. They have a super support group in town and DC loves them! I think they have a great reality show and look forward to watching them every Friday.