Monday, June 27, 2011

Baked House Bakery Review

Today I had a layover in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina. With a few hours to kill I decided to put Charleston on my map of Cupcake Shop Reviews. When I google mapped "cupcakes" Baked House Bakery showed up on the map. When I arrived at Baked House Bakery, the bakery was very warm and welcoming. There were several cakes on display as well as various other baked goods. There were only 3 flavors of cupcakes to choose from and 1 flavor was in the refrigerated display case. I ordered a salted caramel which was at room temperature and a lemon cupcake which was in the refrigerated display. I wanted to eat dinner before I ate my cupcakes so I took them to go. The cupcakes were priced around $3.00 each. I walked for about 15 minutes. The temperature outside was near 90. When I finally got a chance to taste the cupcakes, the frosting on the salted caramel had melted. The lemon cupcake was still intact. The salted caramel cupcake was moist and although the frosting was a watery mess it still tasted pretty good. Not sure if I would classify it as a salted caramel but it was very tasty. The lemon cupcake frosting was light, fluffy and just the perfect amount of sweetness. Unfortunately the cupcake itself was very dry. I do not think this cupcake was fresh. I do believe that had this cupcake been fresh it would have been quite tastey.

Bake House Charleston on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi April ,
    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/32/1582058/restaurant/Cincinnati/Manna-Cupcake-Cafe-Lebanon
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/61/1413960/restaurant/Peninsular-Charleston/Bake-House-Charleston-Charleston
    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:
    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon
    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/301/5575/Texas/Flyin-Cupcake.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar
    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    www.urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete