Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweetz Bakery review

I was walking through the Dulles Town Center today watching all the after Christmas shoppers and I remembered there was a cupcake kiosk in the food court.  Tony and I had visited them once before but it was so long ago that I had forgotten which flavors we ordered.  Sweetz Bakery had a nice variety of cupcakes and a good selection of gluten and dairy free ones too. They have a huge selection to pick from on their online ordering list on their website.  All the neatly lined rows of individually packaged cupcakes looked delicious and flavor combinations sounded so good.  I was greeted by a smiling, friendly girl. I asked her what her favorite one was and she immediately said "the chocolate peppermint".  I am not a big fan of peppermint but, she seemed pretty confident about her choice.  I decided to take her word and order the chocolate peppermint.   The chocolate cupcake was very moist.  It had a vanilla buttercream frosting, topped with crushed peppermint.  The frosting could have had a hint of peppermint in it.  I couldn't tell if I was tasting the frosting or the crushed peppermint.  The frosting was delicious either way.  I have to admit I was afraid the peppermint was going to take over the entire cupcake but it didn't. The crushed peppermint was mixed with crushed candy melts I think. That made all the difference in the world. It was a perfect combination.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was even a cream filling inside the cupcake as well.  The chocolate cupcake was so moist it really didn't need a filling.  Sweetz also has a really neat cupcake club that you can order a dozen of cupcakes each month to be delivered to a loved one. They have a 3, 6, and 12 month program.  I thinks its a great concept.  The only downfall is that it's local delivery only.  If you are ever in the area I would definitely recommend you to stop by and grab a cupcake to go along with your starbucks coffee
Sweetz Bakery
Chocolate Peppermint

No comments:

Post a Comment