Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Visit To Crumbs Bake Shop

I found this cute little shop on my 10 block walk to Carlos Bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey.  I had read the Yelp reviews and they were 50 / 50.  The shop was very neat and the cupcakes were clearly marked.  The music was upbeat and the staff were friendly.  I ordered the peanut butter cup cupcake. This cupcake just looked too good to pass up.  WHAT? $3.50 for a cupcake?? Are they serious? This cupcake must be made out of imported chocolate and range free chicken eggs!! I bought the cupcake anyway (thinking to myself..this better be worth it).  I open my overpriced cupcake and took off one of the peanut butter cup sections that decorated the top.  After my first taste of the peanut butter cup, I knew this cupcake will be dissappointing. The peanut butter cup wasn't a good quality it wasn't even a Reese peanut butter cup! I have to say the chocolate cupcake by itself was not all that bad.  The frosting was way too sweet.  Talk about sugar shock! I felt like I was just eating pure sugar.  The cupcake was filled with the same sugary frosting.  Totally ruined the cupcake.  I think had a lighter fluffier frosting been used, this cupcake could have been edible.  Very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment