Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Cupcake Blogger!

My first cupcake! Not really my first cupcake ever but my first blogging cupcake.  I chose Tony's two favorite flavors, Pineapple and Coconut.  I was just  "OK" with the flavor of the pineapple cupcake.  I think it needed to have more of a "wow" pineapple flavor. However, it was SO moist I didn't really mind the light pineapple flavor. I used a Dominican pineapple cake recipe. The coconut frosting had that "wow" flavor I was looking for. I toasted my own coconut in a frying pan on the stove.  I think I had the flames up too high because I burned 2 batches before I had something that looked edible.  I am a baking perfectionist so on a scale of 1-5 I give this cupcake a 4 for cupcake and a 5 for the coconut butter-cream frosting. Tony said the frosting was too sweet but he says everything is too sweet and since it's MY cupcake, I say it's perfect! On to my next cupcake creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment